So here are my top picks that got me through eight hour days.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in 'Vanilla' - After convincing my mum to purchase this for herself I have snuck into her room many times this month to use it for myself. This concealer is easy to apply, provides a decent coverage, and doesn't dry out my under-eyes like other concealers do. I don't know if I would give it HG status yet (my Collection 'lasting perfection' IS the bomb diggity) buuut I am liking it a lot.
- MAC '217' Blending Brush - I feel like every beauty blogger and their dog owns this brush. I have now hopped on that bandwagon and agree that: why yes, it is great. I mainly use this in my crease and it does a damn good job. If you don't have the budget to splurge on this brush (it is $37 like THAT IS EXPENSIVE FOR ONE TINY BRUSH) I would reccomend trying Elfs blending brush which is like $3 and does an excellent job as well.
- Nivea Post Shave Balm - Another hyped up product but as it was only $8 on sale in my local grocery store I thought I would give it a try. This product is known for being an excellent primer despite being obviously marketed for mens shaving care. I have used this every day this month and I do notice a difference in the longevity of my make-up. One thing I love about it is the smell - it smells like a mens aftershave. But don't worry the smell fades once it's on your face. If you are someone who wants to get into the primer world I would say this is a good start as it's super cheap, quite glowy, and gives longevity to your makeup.
- NYX Wonder Pencil - 5am wake ups = red eyes. To cancel that out I pop some of this on and it was makes me instantly look more awake. I actually prefer this over the Rimmel Nude liner, I find this one gives a less harsh line and lasts longer.
- Urban Decay eyeshadows in 'Sin' and 'Naked' - I've worn these eye shadows to internship most days and they last soo well. Usually I use my maybelline colour tattoo pot to prime my eyelid and then pop these on top - this combination is a winner. Sin (on the left) is a beautiful shimmery champagne-pale pink shade which provides excellent pigment. Naked (on the right) is a neutral crease colour perfect for every day wear. Together they are the dream team.
And lastly....Terry's Chocolate Orange! This would have to be my favourite chocolate ever. Not only is it abso-freaking-lutely delicious but it just makes me all nostalgic of my travels in england where I would buy packets of these and eat them on the train.
Hope everyone has had a great August filled with lots of lovely things!
Did you have any favourites this month too?
Also, August done = a month closer to Christmas ;)
, by Holly R